Racing - speed skating skates are made of a special solid carbon material. This material excels above all with its low weight and high strength, the shoe does not slip, it remains even after several seasons, which is especially important for speed skating. Therefore, it is logical that the shoe does not have to sit right on your leg. Problems are mainly in the area of the ankle and the outer instep.
There is a possibility to shape the skates to make them sit better on your feet. It should be noted in advance that each user performs this robust intervention in the skate construction at their own risk. After this action, the warranty on skeleton skate ends immediately!!! Inappropriate action or procedure can cause irreparable damage to the boot!
- Preheat the oven (hot air) to a maximum of 100 - 110 degrees Celsius. Remove the wheels from the chassis (keep the chassis on the shoe !! - if it is taken off, the pitch of the mounting holes may change during the shaping process).
- Put the shoe with the chassis into the oven.
- After approx. 30 minutes remove it out of the oven and put a pre-cut "hoof" into your shoe, or a spacer with the desired anatomical shape on your foot. Weigh the shoe down slightly. The shoe should be shaped like you need.
- Then put it in the oven again.
- Take it out after 30 minutes, put on a special (thermal-insulated MERINO) sock, put on the boot, firmly tighten and position yourself in a "skating position" in which you should stay a few minutes until the skeleton cools down. Repeat this process until you reach the desired results.